What are my legal responsibilities as a homeschool parent in Baker County Florida?
- Submit your notice of intent to the Superintendent in County.
- Maintain your portfolio.
- If necessary, Make your portfolio “available for inspection by the County superintendent or the superintendent’s agent, upon 15 days’ written notice.”
- Submit an annual evaluation to the County Superintendent. One option for an annual evaluation is a Portfolio Assessment. I am a certified teacher since 1995. I started my teaching career student teaching in an Elementary School Special Education class. I taught Middle School and High School Math and Computer classes. In a homeschool coop I taught preschool through 3rd grade students. I have tutored Math and computers privately for 30 years. Most importantly, I homeschool my children. My oldest two are now Dual Enrolled. I would be happy to review your child’s portfolio and certify that they made progress commensurate with their ability. Visit the Evaluation website at https://easyflhomeschoolevaluation.com/Success/login/index.php
How do I submit my Portfolio Evaluation to the County?
Baker County School Board
Student Services Office
290 Jonathan Street East
Macclenny, FL 32063
Office: (904) 259-7825
Does my child need to be registered as a homeschooler in Baker County?
Your child MUST be registered for school by the year they will be 6 years old on February 1st. If your child is 5 at the beginning of the school year, but will turn 6 before February 1st of that school year, then they must be registered for school. You can use the chart below to determine what year your young child will need to be registered for school.
- What year will your child be 6 years old on February 1st?
- Check to see if your child’s birthdate is in the Date of Birth Range listed.
- Register your child within 30 days of the beginning of the school year listed.
|Child Will Be 6 Years Old||Child Date of Birth||Year to Register Child|
|February 1, 2021||Feb 2, 2014-Feb 1, 2015||August 2020|
|February 1, 2022||Feb 2, 2015-Feb 1, 2016||August 2021|
|February 1, 2023||Feb 2, 2016-Feb 1, 2017||August 2022|
|February 1, 2024||Feb 2, 2017-Feb 1, 2018||August 2023|
|February 1, 2025||Feb 2, 2018-Feb 1, 2019||August 2024|
|February 1, 2026||Feb 2, 2019-Feb 1, 2020||August 2025|
Baker County Resources
Academic Tutoring Services
Private and Small Group Math Tutoring
Middle School through Precalculus and Trigonometry
In-person and through Zoom
Wendy is a certified teacher since 1995. She began her teaching career in New York. In 2016 Wendy applied for and received her Florida Teaching Certification. She started her teaching career as a student teacher in an Elementary School Special Education class. She taught Middle School and High School Math and Computer classes in public school. Wendy left teaching in July 2000 to work in New York City as an Instructional Designer/ Programmer. She moved to Florida in November 2000 to continue working in the adult computer-based training field. She worked for a private company. In 2003 she left the work place to raise a family. In a homeschool co-op She taught preschool through 3rd grade students. She has tutored Math and computers privately for 30 years. Wendy currently tutors Middle School math through College Algebra in person and online through HS Honor Roll. Contact Wendy at email@example.com
Do you offer a service to Baker County Homeschool students? Contact Wendy to inquire about being added to the page.